Ah, the scrumptious corned beef. It’s a tremendous dinner, with it’s deep, advanced flavors. It’s a household favourite round right here, for therefore many causes.
Corned beef is often a harder lower of meat, and must be handled effectively for it to have it’s tender, juicy flavors. Oh boy, are these flavors superb! It may well make your mouth water, simply occupied with it. Leftover corned beef is one other favourite. It’s made into scrumptious Ruben sandwiches.
What are Ruben sandwiches
Historically, it’s corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing on toasted or grilled rye bread. Simply the considered the melty cheese, and dressing dribbling down my chin makes me need to toss one other corned beef into the Instantaneous Pot.
Now, we don’t have leftovers fairly often. I reside with four hungry guys who love my cooking, in spite of everything. So, when we have now leftovers, Rubens are a tasty deal with.
It’s bought the tender, juicy corned beef, the Swiss cheese, Russian dressing together with the cabbage. For this, I used sauteed cabbage as an alternative of sauerkraut. You can also make it with sauerkraut if you need, although.
The toasted sesame oil provides a brand new degree of toasty taste to the cabbage because it’s cooking, and brings this Ruben in a bowl to an entire new degree. Your mouth will probably be singing all meal lengthy! After all, if you end up with out lots of leftovers, you may make this begin to end in about three hours, utilizing the Instantaneous Pot. Begin it after breakfast for a tasty lunch, or you’ll be able to add it to the Instantaneous Pot earlier than you permit for work, and it will likely be good and scorching for you while you get dwelling.
Reuben In A Bowl (low carb, keto)
4.3 Stars (42 Reviews)
1 pound corned beef brisket leftovers
1 head cabbage
3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded swiss or mozzerella cheese
4 Tablespoons Russian dressing
- Cut the corned beef leftovers into 1 inch slices. Set aside.
- Chop the cabbage into 1/4″ strips.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat the sesame oil on medium high heat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Sautee for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn frequently with a pair of tongs to avoid burning.
- Place sauteed cabbage in bowl, and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Heat the corned beef for 1 minute in the bottom of the hot pot.
- Layer the corned beef on top of the cabbage and cheese.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon Russian dressing over the top.