For immediately’s Friday Favorites featured recipe I’m reminding you about this Low Carb Pizza Casserole that’s been a success with so lots of my readers, and in the event you generally wrestle with feeling disadvantaged once you quit carbs, I promise that this deconstructed pizza is a low-carb consolation meals recipe that’s going to really feel like a deal with!
When the thought for a low-carb casserole with pizza flavors popped into my thoughts, I simply couldn’t wait to make it. Then when the casserole was cooking I couldn’t wait to eat it, and after I attempted it, I couldn’t wait to share the recipe! That is one thing I’ve made many instances at my home, and I promise will probably be a success with anybody who likes pizza.
How To Make Low Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole:
Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.
- Dump a can of diced tomatoes right into a colander and rinse; then unfold them out to dry on a paper towel.
- Squeeze turkey Italian sausage out of the casings and brown nicely, then put it right into a small casserole dish.
- Put the drained tomatoes over the sausage and season.
- Wash the mushrooms, pat dry, and minimize into thick slices.
- Saute mushrooms till they provide up their liquid and are beginning to brown.
- Then layer mushrooms over the sausage-tomato combination.
- Minimize pepperoni in half (I exploit kitchen shears. (affiliate hyperlink)
- Unfold the grated mozzarella over the casserole and high with pepperoni.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or till the substances are heated by and the cheese is beginning to brown. (I baked mine a bit too lengthy, don’t get distracted!)
Serve sizzling and luxuriate in! And I promise this can hit the spot any time you’re actually craving pizza.
Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- 1 can diced tomatoes, well drained ((14.5 oz. can; do not use petite dice tomatoes)
- 5 links uncooked turkey or pork Italian sausage (19.5 oz.)
- 2 tsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste (I didn’t use much salt.)
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, washed and cut into thick slices (I used brown Cremini mushrooms.)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni, cut in half (I used regular pepperoni, but you can use turkey pepperoni if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Spray an eight inch x 11 inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Pour the diced tomatoes right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse with chilly water. Let tomatoes drain a minute or two, then unfold them out on paper towels to dry (or blot dry with one other paper towel on high.)
- Whereas tomatoes dry, warmth 2 tsp. olive oil in a big non-stick frying pan, squeeze the sausage out of the casing, and cook dinner sausage over medium-high warmth till it is properly browned, breaking it aside because it cooks. (I take advantage of an old style potato masher (affiliate hyperlink) to interrupt the sausage aside.)
- Whereas sausage cooks, wash mushrooms, pat dry, and slice into thick slices.
- When the sausage is completed make a layer of sausage within the backside of the casserole dish and high with the drained tomatoes, spreading them out excessive of the sausage.
- Season with dried oregano, salt, and fresh-ground black pepper. (I did not use a lot salt.)
- Rinse out the pan if wanted, then warmth the opposite 2 tsp. of olive oil over medium-high warmth. When the pan is scorching add the mushrooms and cook dinner, stirring a number of instances, till all of the liquid is launched and the mushrooms are beginning to brown.
- Layer the mushrooms over the sausage-tomato combination.
- Minimize pepperoni in half.
- Sprinkle the grated Mozzarella excessive of the casserole and lay the pepperoni items on high of the cheese, spacing them evenly so the entire high is roofed with pepperoni.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serve scorching. Low Carb Pizza Casserole Recipes