This savory one-skillet lemon rooster piccata is made multi functional skillet and couldn’t be simpler! Good for weeknights and the leftovers save properly for lunch the following day. It’s gluten free, paleo, low carb and keto.
One-skillet rooster is a factor of magnificence, don’t you assume? I imply one-skillet something is just about the one approach I do issues on weeknights anymore. I imply, together with some roasted veggies that require zero effort and no mind energy due to the oven-timer characteristic.
Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe
However anyway, rooster. There are nearly a trillion methods to prepare dinner rooster and yow will discover most of them with a 30 second search on Pinterest. Slight exaggeration, however ever so slight, actually. Individuals love rooster and it truly is SO versatile, tasty, and fast too.
I’ve a one-skillet rooster marsala, tuscan rooster, lemon rooster, pesto rooster, and others that I can’t consider off the highest of my head proper now.
It’s undoubtedly time for one thing new – and this lemon rooster piccata is the right twist in your one-skillet rooster dinner.
We begin with skinny sliced boneless skinless rooster breasts – I pounded mine skinny to about 1/2″. I used a mix of almond flour and tapioca for dredging, however you need to use all tapioca in case you choose. I’ve tried it each methods and there’s no huge distinction, though I really feel just like the one with almond flour is a little more crisp even after being within the sauce.
After the rooster is pan fried, it’s time to make the sauce, which is extremely easy. Garlic and onion, bone broth, lemon, and coconut cream type the bottom of the sauce.
I like so as to add in a little bit stone floor mustard for further taste plus salt and pepper to season. The mustard is non-obligatory so in case you’re not a fan, merely omit it.
When you stir within the capers and add the rooster again in, all the things simmers collectively for a minute after which it’s time to eat! I served mine with sautéed cauliflower rice however any veggie noodles, or roasted potatoes can be scrumptious too.
The completed dish is so so tasty! A lot of lemon and garlic, a creamy dairy-free sauce, juicy flavorful rooster. It’s all the things you can ask for in rooster piccata!
Okay, go seize your elements and a pleasant huge skillet as a result of it’s time to make this one-skillet Paleo lemon rooster piccata – let’s go!
Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipes
This savory lemon chicken piccata is made all in one skillet and couldn’t be easier! Perfect for weeknights and the leftovers save well for lunch the next day. It’s gluten free, paleo, low carb and keto.
Author: Michele Rosen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2” thickness (or purchased thin-sliced)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp blanched almond flour *
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 3 Tbsp ghee divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- Juice of 1 lemon about 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 cup coconut cream blended before using (the cream is the thick part of a chilled can of
- coconut milk. It can also be purchased separately
- 1 1/2 tsp stone ground mustard optional**
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pound your chicken breast to 1/2” thickness, if necessary, and cut into cutlets. Season with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat. In a shallow bowl, mix together the almond flour and tapioca* for dredging. Add 2 Tbsp of the ghee to the skillet.
- Once the ghee is heated, lightly dredge the chicken, one cutlet at a time, in the flour mixture, shake off the excess, and place in the skillet. Cook about 4 minutes on each side to cook through. The outside should be golden brown – adjust the heat if you need to to avoid over-browning. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add the remaining ghee. Add onions, cook for a minute until translucent, then add the garlic. Cook and stir another minute, until softened. Add the broth and lemon juice, then raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 3 more minutes, then stir in the coconut cream and the mustard (if using). Cook and stir another minute, then stir in the capers. Add the chicken back to the skillet, lower the heat to a simmer and simmer another minute. Serve over sautéed cauliflower rice or veggie noodles. Enjoy!
*To make the recipe nut free, you can replace the almond flour with an equal amount of tapioca flour, making the tapioca flour measurement 5 Tbsp.
**This is for a flavor boost only, omit if you don’t like the taste of mustard