This Healthy Pasta Salad recipe is straightforward to make and tossed with a yummy lemon-herb French dressing.
Now that the climate’s warming up, it’s excessive time for the season of picnics, grill-outs, and patio events to start! Lastly!!
So to have fun, I assumed it was solely applicable to chill off some scorching pasta, toss it with a bunch of recent and zesty elements, and toss it in a bowl that’s good for passing across the picnic. That’s proper, I made you some pasta salad!
As a result of if reminiscence serves me proper, you all certain appear to like pasta salad. Final time I checked, my favourite 5-Ingredient Pasta Salad was nonetheless one of many prime recipes on this website (and one in all my all-all-all-time favorites).
To not point out this spring-y Asparagus & Arugula Pasta Salad, or this lightened-up Rooster Caesar Pasta Salad, or this candy Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad, that you just even have appeared to take pleasure in.
So for one thing new this yr, I assumed I’d strive a easy twist on the traditional pasta salad, chocked filled with recent veggies and olives, sprinkles with loads of feta, and tossed in a zesty lemon-herb French dressing.
The elements for the salad have been fairly simple:
- numerous recent cucumber (I went with an English cucumber, so that you just don’t must mess with seeding it)
- ripe cherry tomatoes (or you possibly can use sun-dried tomatoes)
- thinly- sliced pink onion (be happy to soak it in chilly water beforehand if you need a much less onion-y style)
- feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat)
- your favourite sort of pasta
Healthy Pasta Salad
This healthy Pasta Salad recipe is fast and simple to make, it’s tossed with a zesty lemon-herb French dressing, and it’s at all times a crowd-pleaser!
HEALTHY PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS:
12 ounces dry pasta (I used farfalle)
1 English cucumber, diced
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2/three cup sliced kalamata olives
four ounces crumbled feta cheese
half of a medium pink onion, peeled and thinly sliced
LEMON-HERB VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
1/four cup additional virgin olive oil
three tablespoons pink wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons dried oregano, minced
1 teaspoon honey (or your required sweetener)
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1/four teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
1/four teaspoon salt
pinch of crushed pink pepper flakes
TO MAKE THE PASTA SALAD:
- Prepare dinner the pasta al dente in a big stockpot of generously-salted water based on package deal directions. Drain pasta, then rinse beneath chilly water for about 20-30 seconds till now not scorching. Switch the pasta to a big mixing bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and pink onion to the blending bowl, then drizzle the entire French dressing evenly on prime. Toss till the entire elements are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve instantly, garnished with additional feta and black pepper if desired.
TO MAKE THE LEMON-HERB VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk all elements collectively till mixed.
Prepare dinner time doesn’t embody the period of time it takes to prepare dinner the Healthy pasta salad.