No have to exit to a well-known bread firm, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is extremely easy, wealthy, and filled with nice broccoli cheese flavors! The most effective half, is that it’s made in simply 30 minutes in your stovetop! Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
I’ve been tweaking this recipe for years you guys. So. Many. Bowls. Of. Soup! Some type of this recipe has been on the weblog since 2014, and this model takes the cake! Deliciously creamy, thick and wealthy, with the right combination of smoothness and texture and loaded with broccoli cheddar flavors. You merely can’t go fallacious! Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This broccoli cheddar soup is form of a copycat recipe from Panera Bread, however I truthfully haven’t had that soup from there in years, so I can’t say for absolute sure if the flavors are spot on or not.
How Can You Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup Thicker?
I’ve discovered this soup thickens up very properly with the roux created by the butter and flour, however in case you’re desirous to thicken it up much more, you could have just a few choices.
- You possibly can combine equal components butter and flour to type a thick paste, then stir that into the soup.
- You possibly can whisk some cornstarch into chilly water or broth till the cornstarch is dissolved, and stir that into the soup.
- You possibly can add a bit extra cheese. Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How Lengthy Does Broccoli Cheddar Soup Final In The Fridge?
If in case you have any leftovers, which doesn’t occur to us fairly often, they’ll hold within the fridge about three days.
Can Broccoli Cheese Soup Be Made In The Gradual Cooker?
Positive can! You’ll need to wait so as to add the dairy till the tip, to forestall any curdling although. I’ll have the instructions under the recipe under. The Immediate Pot instructions can be there as properly.
Can Broccoli Cheddar Soup Be Frozen
Sure, however identical to with the gradual cooker, you’ll need to make this soup with out including the dairy, since dairy doesn’t typically freeze properly. Simply wait and add the dairy once you’re reheating the soup.
How Do you Puree Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Truthfully you don’t even need to puree the soup in case you prefer it chunkier, however in case you prefer it smoother, once more, you could have just a few choices. My private favourite technique is to make use of an immersion blender, which you should utilize proper within the pot! Or you may switch among the soup to a conventional blender, simply watch out, because the soup is sizzling.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP:
- Be certain that to cut the broccoli into small florets, in any other case they received’t be tender in time.
- Alternatively, you may par-cook the broccoli (and the carrots) within the microwave for a couple of minutes, which can assist them soften in much less time within the soup.
- To stop a grainy soup, add the cheese one handful at a time, mixing properly between handfuls, and have the warmth turned off once you’re including the cheese.
- For greatest outcomes, shred your personal cheese. Not solely is it cheaper, it melts SO a lot better than the pre-shredded sort.
- Serve this broccoli cheese soup with some crusty bread, caesar salad, or some ham and cheese sliders!
- I prefer to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some further cheddar cheese and typically some crunchy croutons. Sounds bizarre, however croutons in soup are wonderful!
Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This hearty broccoli cheddar soup is loaded with mouthwatering flavors, yet uses everyday ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 12 oz fresh broccoli (I use a 12 oz bag of florets) , roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard (can substitute with about 1/2 tsp regular mustard)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Add 1 Tbsp butter to dutch oven and heat over MED heat. Add chopped onion and saute until onions are soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup butter to dutch oven, still over MED heat. When melted, add flour and whisk together. Cook mixture about 1 minute, whisking often.
Slowly pour in about a cup of chicken broth, whisking as you pour. Continue with remaining chicken broth and half and half, pouring slowly and whisking as your pour.
Let broth/half and half mixture cook for a minute or two, whisking often, making sure no flour lumps remain.
Add broccoli and carrots and stir to combine. Add paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper, stir. Reduce heat to LOW/MED LOW and simmer about 10-15 minutes or until thickened and broccoli/carrots are fork tender. If soup gets too thick for your liking, add a splash of chicken broth or half and half to loosen it up.
Blend soup until desired texture is reached, using either immersion blender or by transferring soup to traditional blender.
Add grated cheddar cheese a handful at a time, stirring to melt the cheese into the soup after each handful. Taste soup and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve hot with additional black pepper and shredded cheese on top if desired. Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup